Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Don't Want to Forget This!

With William in Kindergarten and Cicialy at preschool and then a friend's house, it has just been me and Weston today! I am loving it! We've played, wrestled, and snuggled. Weston has also managed to destroy the house while I worked on preparing my church lesson for Sunday. After lunch I told my seventeen month old boy that we needed to clean the house and began to wipe up a counter. He immediately went to the sink, opened up the cabinent, took out a dust cloth, and showed it to me. I told him good job and that he could go start dusting the house if he wanted to (not really thinking anything of it). After I finished wiping off the countertops I noticed how quiet it was and went in search of Weston. This is what I found!


He was actually cleaning! He sure was proud of himself, and I was proud of him too! I'm glad he is finding the joy in cleaning at such a young age.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW!! I am so impressed! How on earth did you train him so young? You must be a good mom. What a smart, sweet, adorable little boy. And he looks so much like Will! We have yet to teach Hurricane Taylor how to clean up the wake of destruction she leaves behind her, but apparently that's something I need to work on.