Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our New Favorite Place

Three weeks ago I took the kids to the Discovery Science Place with our playgroup. They loved it! In fact, they loved it so much I had to buy a year long family membership ($50 - a Great deal, especially since they let our entrance fee from that first day apply to the price). After more than 3 hours of playing, I had to struggle to get my kids out of there (hence the reason I bought the membership, promising Will and Cici that they could come back whenever they wanted to convinced them that it was okay to go home). Well, I have definantly gotten my money's worth because we have already been back 3 more times. They were just dying to take their Dad with them so we spent another 2-3 hours there one Saturday, and now it is where Dan takes them to play while I go to my OB appointments during his lunch break. Of course when I go to pick them up they throw a fit if we don't stay at least another hour or two after Dad's gone back to work. When we first get there they love to explore the cave and play on the ship. They even love all of the science stuff and Will is learning a lot. They are learning about gravity, friction, shapes, colors, light, weather systems, x-rays, the human body, magnets, etc. Cicialy loves to play in the pretend town that has a grocery store, bakery, cafe, vet, mechanic, baby hospital, bank, ambulance, theater, opthomologists office, and more! What I love about it is that it is only 15 minutes from the house and that it is indoors. I have been told that once the end of May hits until about October it is too hot to take your kids to the park. For summer and winter it is the perfect place to get out of the house and play. So, if you are ever thinking about us and wondering what we are up to, we are probably having fun at the Discovery Science Center!











4 comments:

Clark Family said...

How fun!! I think it will be nice when JJ is old enough to enjoy stuff that long. We're kind of in the between stage. I took him to the zoo yesterday and all he cared about were the birds in the air. Not even the cool ones.

Holly Marie said...

I've loved reading your blog. Carson love me to read it to him. How lucky to have such a fun place to close. We took the kids to the children's museum the other day and it was an ALL day event by the time we drove all the way down town.

Fab Five said...

Cute pictures! It's so fun to see what's going on with your family. I hope this last month goes by quickly for you.

Susan said...

Wow! Congrats on #3! I found your blog through Holly's and was excited to see your cute family! Cici is so grown-up!